Friday, November 28, 2008

Emerging Canadian Companies.

I'm still busy recruiting a director of radiopharma, and a vp/cso for a diagnostic company. In the meantime, I was surfing around and thought it may be a good idea to show the world, on another platform, that the Canadian biotech industry is alive and well. Okay, it's well. Okay, it's alive.

Check out the page here that is a subpage of www.biotech.ca, that talks about emgerging biotech companies in Canada http://www.biotech.ca/content.php?doc=44&xwm=true.

Some of you out there may find this a bit strange, but a lot of the Canadian companies do have government grants, some don't but many do. The problem is, as you know, few of the investments/grants into these companies don't amount to much. Job creation yes, curing disease, not so much.

I say happy gobble gobble to Americans out there. I also say that I think we should remember that the evil that took place in India this week is a wake-up call for many to tell their loved friends and family about how you feel about them.

Interestingly, an acquaintance of mine from University, was in the hotel that got raided by the terroists. Small world, I know, but simply a reminder of how small the world is. I heard he is back safely in Canada, thankfully. I won't put his email up here without his permission, but I will ask him if i can. His email details the time he went to sleep in his hotel room, to the time he falls asleep on a plane bound back to Canada, with the incredible account of his experience during the terrorist attack.

No comments: