Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Again the Canadian Biotech Industry Shines

Well it seems as though the Canadian Biotech Industry is full steam ahead...

Cytochroma just raised $21MM, and you can see the story here. Cytochroma is a biotech company in Toronto, that, like many others around the globe, have seen it's ups and downs.

Even more intriguing is a company in Ottawa, Variation Biotechnologies, that raised over $35MM USD. You can see the story here.

It seems the niche I picked when I started Cortex after my science life is still humming along in the biotech industry, well, at least the smallish companies. My bread and butter has come from companies less than 150 people. I generate quite a bit of money in split fees, and still quite a bit more from single fee placements.

I'll elaborate on other companies in the weeks to come.

TTL

2 comments:

AMTCapital said...

Science Guy, I was wondering if you could give us an update on your work for Vasogen. You said before that you have a few searches on with them. I was wondering if you could give us any other insight into the company as well. As a long term shareholder, and huge believer in the company, the science, and the management, I will say that they havent done a good job of informing us lately. Any thoughts you could share about their progress on any front would be much appreciated. Thanks, and blog on.

Cortex Blog said...

I think any questions you have regarding any pubic company i mention in my blog should be directed to the respective IR department or individual.

I hope you understand